SFI Inc. is an independent, registered charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. It promotes sustainable forest management across North America and responsible fiber procurement globally.
SFI Inc.’s 18-member multi-stakeholder Board of Directors comprises three chambers, representing environmental, economic and social interests equally, so it can meet the many needs of forests and communities. Board members include representatives of environmental, conservation, professional and academic groups, independent professional loggers, family forest owners, public officials, labor and the forest products industry. This diversity reflects the variety of interests in the forestry community.
SFI Inc. has always valued the key role of public officials in forest management in North America, and has government representation in its Board’s social chamber.
The SFI Board updates the SFI Standard every five years following a public review process, and based on recommendations from volunteer, multi-stakeholder committees. The SFI Board is the only body that can modify the standard.
- SFI Inc. Bylaws
- Transparency Policy
- Fact Sheet-Governance
- Head of Resource Management Service Elected to SFI Board
- News Release: Habitat for Humanity Canada Executive Joins SFI Board
- News Release: CEO of Ducks Unlimited Canada Joins SFI Board
- News Release: Daniel Christensen Joins the SFI Board
- News Release: Award-winning Tree Farmer Skeet Burris Joins SFI Board
- News Release: Head of Resource Management Service Elected to SFI Board
- News Release: Chief David Walkem Elected to SFI Board