The Alabama Forestry Foundation will develop learning materials and indoor/outdoor training sessions to educate stakeholders about some of the unique communities within Alabama’s landscape.
A $10,000 grant from SFI Inc. will help this project broaden the knowledge and expertise of foresters and loggers, and help tell the story of why it is critical to conserve Alabama’s diverse communities of animal and plant species. It will also help link how responsible forest management contributes to conserving this special ecosystem. Information on how to recognize, appreciate, and conserve these areas during active forest management will also be included.
In addition to the Alabama Forestry Foundation, partners include the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Alabama Forestry Commission, Alabama SFI Implementation Committee, Alabama Tree Farm, Auburn University’s School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
About The Alabama Forestry Foundation
The Alabama Forestry Foundation was founded in 1978 to advance knowledge of managing and using Alabama’s forests; promoting the stewardship and sustainable management of Alabama’s forest resources; and protecting the property rights of Alabama’s forest owners.
In the News
- Press Release: SFI Conservation Grants Feature Collaboration From 45 Different Groups Across the U.S. and Canada
March 6, 2018
- News Article: Georgia Forestry Foundation Takes on Statewide Literacy
March 5, 2018
- Press Release: SFI Community Grants Feature Collaboration from 102 Different Groups Spanning the U.S. and Canada
March 1, 2018
- News Article: Training and Jobs Add Fire Power
February 22, 2018
- News Coverage: National Wild Turkey Federation Opens New Train System
January 8, 2018
- News Article: There's Something Fishy Going on in the Fraser Basin
December 21, 2017
- News Article: Study Shows Sustainable Forestry Sustains These 5 Birds
December 15, 2017
- News Article: Giving Thanks for Four Decads of Protecting Turkeys
November 21, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Opens Request For Proposals: Seeks New Partners for Conservation and Community Projects in the U.S. and Canada
August 8, 2017
- News Article: Teaching Youth About Sustainable Forestry
June 11, 2017
- Blog: Listening to the Forest
May 19, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Community Grants Feature Collaboration from 50 Different Groups Spanning North America
April 6, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Conservation Grants Feature Collaboration from 37 Different Groups Spanning North America
February 27, 2017
- Click here for more archived news