The MN SIC received $5,000 to fund a partnership with the MN Historical Society to develop an educational kiosk that will target 4,000 students visiting the Forest History Center each year. The kiosk will consist of a 5-minute video about the SFI® program and display of SFI labeled products.
Supporting the SFI Standard
The project will support SFI 2010-2014 Standard Objective 17: Community Involvement in the Practice of Sustainable Forestry, including Performance Measure 17.2 requiring that program participants support and promote public outreach, education and involvement related to sustainable forestry management.
In addition to the Minnesota SFI Implementation Committee, partners include the Minnesota Historical Society, Forest History Center.
About Minnesota SIC
The SFI program responds to local needs and issues across North America through 35 SFI Implementation Committees at the state, provincial or regional level. This unique grassroots network involves private landowners, independent loggers, forestry professionals, local governments agencies, academics, scientists, and conservationists. The Minnesota SFI Implementation Committee includes representatives from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, forest companies, the University of Minnesota, family forest owners, the Minnesota Logger Education Program, Minnesota Timber Producers Association, the Ruffed Grouse Society and SFI-certified county land departments.
In the News
- News Coverage: National Wild Turkey Federation Opens New Train System
January 8, 2018
- News Article: There's Something Fishy Going on in the Fraser Basin
December 21, 2017
- News Article: Study Shows Sustainable Forestry Sustains These 5 Birds
December 15, 2017
- News Article: Giving Thanks for Four Decads of Protecting Turkeys
November 21, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Opens Request For Proposals: Seeks New Partners for Conservation and Community Projects in the U.S. and Canada
August 8, 2017
- News Article: Teaching Youth About Sustainable Forestry
June 11, 2017
- Blog: Listening to the Forest
May 19, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Community Grants Feature Collaboration from 50 Different Groups Spanning North America
April 6, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Conservation Grants Feature Collaboration from 37 Different Groups Spanning North America
February 27, 2017
- Click here for more archived news