Through the Sustainable Forestry Tour, educators are exposed to the Project Learning Tree (PLT) curriculum and the social, economic, and ecological aspects of sustainable forestry. They are immersed in sustainable forestry issues with valuable information and concepts they can take back to their classrooms. During the three-day program educators visit private, state, and federal forests; tour sawmills and active harvesting operations; and learn about forests directly from natural resource professionals.
Supporting the SFI Standard
The project will support SFI 2010-2014 Standard Objective 17: Community Involvement in the Practice of Sustainable Forestry, including Performance Measure 17.2 requiring that program participants support and promote public outreach, education and involvement related to sustainable forestry management.
In addition to the Idaho Forest Foundation, partners include the Idaho SFI Implementation Committee.
About Idaho Forest Foundation
The Idaho Forest Foundation supports forest education and outreach projects that have a lasting impact in Idaho. Foundation funds will help reach more people and provide more forest education programs throughout the state.
In the News
- News Article: Teaching Youth About Sustainable Forestry
June 11, 2017
- Blog: Listening to the Forest
May 19, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Community Grants Feature Collaboration from 50 Different Groups Spanning North America
April 6, 2017
- Press Release: SFI Conservation Grants Feature Collaboration from 37 Different Groups Spanning North America
February 27, 2017
- News Article - Teaching Our Children to Conserve Wild Spaces
January 23, 2017
- News Article - MSU Architecture Students Recognized for Design Studio Plans that Showcases Mid-Rise Wood Buildings
December 14, 2016
- Press Release - Habitat for Humanity Is 24-0 at Clemson Homecoming Games
October 17, 2016
- Press Release - Middle Schoolers Flock Together to Build a Better Future for Birds
September 6, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Launches Conservation Impact Project to Deliver Metrics for Well-Managed Forests
September 2, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Opens RFP Inviting New Partnerships for Conservation and Community Impact Throughout North America - August 8, 2016
- News Article - Finnegan: Applying innovative research to conserve caribou
June 3, 2016
- News Article - Opinion: Protecting the treasure that is Canada's boreal forest
March 17, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Partnering for Conservation and Community Impact Throughout North America
February 11, 2016
- Click here for more archived news