The Mississippi Forestry Foundation’s project will educate university students and architects in the value and benefits of building with wood by programming and designing a state-of-the-art wood structure for public outreach and education. The project will receive a $10,000 grant from SFI Inc. The building design will demonstrate innovative solid-timber construction and the sustainable practices learned by the students throughout the semester.
In addition to the Mississippi Forestry Foundation, partners include Mississippi State University College of Architecture Art and Design, Mississippi State University Department of Sustainable Bioproducts and Plum Creek.
About Mississippi Forestry Foundation
The Mississippi Forestry Foundation was established in 1964 by the Mississippi Forestry Association to promote and carry out educational, literary, scientific, and charitable programs to better conserve, develop, and protect the forest and related natural resources of Mississippi for the best interest of this and future generations.
In the News
- News Article - Teaching Our Children to Conserve Wild Spaces
January 23, 2017
- News Article - MSU Architecture Students Recognized for Design Studio Plans that Showcases Mid-Rise Wood Buildings
December 14, 2016
- Press Release - Habitat for Humanity Is 24-0 at Clemson Homecoming Games
October 17, 2016
- Press Release - Middle Schoolers Flock Together to Build a Better Future for Birds
September 6, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Launches Conservation Impact Project to Deliver Metrics for Well-Managed Forests
September 2, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Opens RFP Inviting New Partnerships for Conservation and Community Impact Throughout North America - August 8, 2016
- News Article - Finnegan: Applying innovative research to conserve caribou
June 3, 2016
- News Article - Opinion: Protecting the treasure that is Canada's boreal forest
March 17, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Partnering for Conservation and Community Impact Throughout North America
February 11, 2016
- Click here for more archived news