The NWTF will create an education curriculum to help all levels of the community learn, interact, care and appreciate forest resources through sustainable practices and land stewardship. NWTF will accomplish this goal through hands-on and interactive activities, demonstration areas, classwork, training, education tools and special events. The program will receive SFI community grant funding of $10,000 in 2016 and 2017.
In addition to the National Wild Turkey Federation, partners include Bayer Crop Sciences, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, private donors, South Carolina Forestry Commission and Roundstone Native Seed.
About National Wild Turkey Federation
When the National Wild Turkey Federation was founded in 1973, there were about 1.5 million wild turkeys in North America. After decades of dedicated work, that number hit an historic high of almost 7 million turkeys thanks to the tremendous efforts of dedicated volunteers, professional staff and committed partners. The NWTF seeks to conserve or enhance 4 million acres of critical upland habitat and to open access to 500,000 additional acres for public recreation and hunting.
In the News
- News Article - Teaching Our Children to Conserve Wild Spaces
January 23, 2017
- News Article - MSU Architecture Students Recognized for Design Studio Plans that Showcases Mid-Rise Wood Buildings
December 14, 2016
- Press Release - Habitat for Humanity Is 24-0 at Clemson Homecoming Games
October 17, 2016
- Press Release - Middle Schoolers Flock Together to Build a Better Future for Birds
September 6, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Launches Conservation Impact Project to Deliver Metrics for Well-Managed Forests
September 2, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Opens RFP Inviting New Partnerships for Conservation and Community Impact Throughout North America - August 8, 2016
- News Article - Finnegan: Applying innovative research to conserve caribou
June 3, 2016
- News Article - Opinion: Protecting the treasure that is Canada's boreal forest
March 17, 2016
- Press Release - SFI Partnering for Conservation and Community Impact Throughout North America
February 11, 2016
- Click here for more archived news