fbpx

SFI BLOG

Wetlands and Carbon – Filling the Knowledge Gap

Guest Blogger
Dr. Mark Johnston, Scientist, SRC’s Environment Division

Here’s a fact about wetlands that many Canadians may find surprising: according to the Geological Survey of Canada, the peat in Canada’s wetlands stores almost 60 percent […]

Broader Eligibility for LEED Credits Creates a Bridge to a Greener Economy

Guest blog:
Gene Kodama, South Carolina State Forester, National Association of State Foresters Forest Markets Committee, and Chair of the USDA Forestry Research Advisory Council

My fellow State Foresters and I are committed to maintaining and expanding […]

Indigenous Peoples across North America Welcome the Green Building Community with LEED Recognition of SFI

Guest blog:
David Walkem, Chief of Cook’s Ferry Indian Band, near Merritt, British Columbia, President Stuwix Resources Joint Venture and member of the SFI Board of Directors representing the economic sector

The SFI Forest Management Standard is […]

LEED Recognition for SFI and ATFS Is Good News for Forests and the Communities that Rely on Them

Guest bloggers:
Republican Representative Gregg Harper of Mississippi and Democratic Representative Kurt Schrader of Oregon

When it comes to the health of our nation’s forests and the communities that depend on them, we occupy common ground. Another […]

New LEED compliance path creates market opportunity for responsibly managed forests

Guest blog by:
Doyle R. Simons, President and CEO, Weyerhaeuser Company

The U.S. Green Building Council’s decision to recognize the SFI Standards is good news for forests and great news for green building. Opening another sustainable path […]

LEED Recognition for SFI Gets a Big Thumbs Up from Organized Labour

Guest blogger: Bob Matters, Chair, United Steelworkers-Wood Council and SFI board member representing the social sector

I have been a rank and file International Woodworkers of America woodworker and now Steelworkers member since the age of […]